Friday, March 19, 2010

Warning: Shameless Self Promotion Ahead

"the Hippo" is New Hampshire's weekly "Local News, Food, Arts, and Entertainment" newspaper. Every year at about this time they publish their "Best of" issue, with the results in about 100 categories being determined by a write in readers poll. I received an email form the Art Editor last week asking me to give her a call because I had won an award in their readers poll. After calling in and speaking with them, they informed me that I had been awarded runner-up in the "Best Visual Artist" category.


I'd like to thank everyone that took the time to fill out this survey and write my name down. It means a lot to me to know that my work has touched you in a way that you would go to this kind of effort to see me recognized.

I'd also like to take a minute to congratulate Sid Ceaser who topped the category. I've been a fan of Sid's "Plastic Erotica" work for a long time and it's nice to see him get recognized as well.

This is shaping up to be another busy year here in New Hampshire. My next big show (Khronikos) opens with a big reception on July 9th from 7:00 - 11:00 pm in the Carolyn Jenkins Gallery at 233 North Main Street in Concord, NH. This is a collection of 17 black and white images printed at 20" x 30" and framed out to 30" x 40". I hope that you all can make it. Stay tuned for more detailed information.

No comments: