Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Message of Thanks

Nobody exists in a vacuum. There is always an abundance of people that make any success possible. Those people often don't know how much influence they have.

To the 200+ people that came out on Friday night to help celebrate the opening of my latest body of work, thank you. Your enthusiasm and support is nothing short of inspiring.

To all of the artists, both good and bad, that have taken the leap before me, it is upon your backs that I climb to reach the place where I am. Thank you for your efforts.

To all of the students that have passed through my classrooms, I learn something from every single one of you before we are done. Thank you for your questions.

To the world around me, natural or man-made, all of your minutiae provides me with an unending supply of subjects on which to train my lens. Thank you for your wonder.

To Will Michael, without your endless truth, knowledge, and inspiration, I can safely say that this would not have happened. Thank you for your friendship.

To Garin, Alex, and Burke, I am very proud of all of you. Thank you.

To Mary, none of this would have been possible without your tremendous and unwavering support and encouragement. Thank you for believing in me.

To Scott Solsky, the music you provided for the evening really set the tone. Very classy. Thank you.

To Chef David Collise III, the food was phenomenal from beginning to end. Thank you.

To Ally Piper and Brighteyes Creative, you were invaluable in the planning and execution of this event. I couldn't have done it without you, and the results exceeded all of my expectations. Thank you.

To Nana, thank you for letting me use your camera.

©2010 Brighteyes Creative

No comments: